History of our house can be traced back to the Middle Ages. It probably adopted the name of its then-master “Marte Schwiitzer”.A deed signed on 12/6/1558 mentions the fact that he had been granted this farm as permanent and eternal feud by his feudal master, Georg Kechler von Schwandorf (1546 – 1571), knight of the order of St. John and commander of the Johannite-commandry of Villingen. The knights of St. John als feudal masters were at the same time the owners of the town of Obereschach from 1390 to 1803 – year in which the secular power replaced the religious one.
And whereas in the course of the years and centuries the name of the houseowner changed, the name of the farm itself remained. In the meantime the ‘Schweizerhof’ has cast off its agrarian past. Instead you are now guests in an inn with a long tradition and fine food. Since 1860 the Schweizerhof-Inn has been property of the Laufer-family – and today’s chef John is the 5th chef de cuisine of that line.